Ever since our Independence, governments have always realised the importance of a self-reliant lower class, who has avenues to pursue its dreams and earn itself a livelihood it can be proud of. And while offering this might have been a pipedream for many governments in the absence of means and modes to offer those avenues, times have drastically changed these days.
The government of Bihar, lately, has introduced the Bihar Mukhyamantri Udyami yojana – a welfare scheme for the Scheduled caste and scheduled tribes. Budding or aspiring entrepreneurs from the SCs or STs can now, through the benefits offered by this scheme, fulfil their entrepreneurial aspirations and aim higher in life.
Implementation of the scheme
Under the implementation of the scheme, an incentive of ₹10 lakh will be provided by the government for setting up the industry. The main benefit of the scheme is that the loan amount offered will have 50% interest waived off. And the 50% that is waived off and 50% of the grant will be given to entrepreneurs, which they would have to repay in 84 instalments.
How to apply for the scheme?
In order to apply for the scheme, the following steps need to be followed:
- The applicant has to visit the official website of the Bihar Mukhyamantri Udyami yojana at http://www.startup.bihar.gov.in/CMSCSTUDYAMI/Default.aspx
- As the homepage loads, the applicant has to click on the “register” link.
- Once clicked, the application form for registration will be displayed on the screen.
- The applicant has to fill up details necessitated by the form – details such as name, mobile number, application type, and other information).
- The applicant will then have to click on the option “Get OTP”.
- Once the OTP is received through an SMS, the applicant has to feed the OTP into the designated area on the webpage.
- Post this, the applicant has to upload all the documents relevant to the application.
- Finally, the applicant would have to click on the Submit button for the final submission of the application.
Documents needed to apply for the scheme
- Aadhaar card
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Educational qualification certificate
In order to avail the benefits of the scheme, the following criteria have to be followed:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Bihar.
- The applicant should be of a scheduled caste (SC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST) community.
- The applicant should possess an intermediate, ITI, polytechnic or a degree that is likewise.
- The age of the applicant should be between 18 years to 40 years.
- The applicant should be registered under the Institute proprietorship, partnership, Limited liability partnership, or Private limited company.
Summing it up
With such schemes in place, entrepreneurial dreams can now turn into reality, especially for those from financially backward environments. The scheme provides the right push and offers a platform for more people to enter the industrial space and contribute to the progress of the national economy. In the long run, such schemes will help in the overall development of the country.