Due to the limitations imposed by the worldwide pandemic, schools have remained shut for well over a year now. While this has not entirely limited students’ academics, it most definitely has created a gap in their learning. In order to provide assistance to students who have not been able to benefit from already implemented schemes, the Gujarat government has launched the Education Loan Subsidy scheme 2021.
This scheme was specifically launched for those students who are not covered under the Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavalamban Yojana. Under this scheme, all students will receive a 100% Interest Subsidy on an Education loan for the Moratorium period.
About the Gujarat Education Loan Interest Subsidy Scheme 2021
The Interest Subsidy Scheme on Education loans is practically the need of the hour. This scheme will benefit all the bright and needy students to continue their higher studies after Class 12th.
This scheme is also applicable for education loans for higher education like Graduate degrees / Postgraduate degrees / Diplomas and Professional courses subject to certain eligibility conditions.
The Gujarat Education Loan Interest Subsidy Application
Here is the complete procedure to apply online for the Gujarat Interest Subsidy scheme on education loans in Gujarat:
- Visit the official website of the Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat
- On the homepage of the website, click on the “Interest Subsidy Scheme on education loan (Registration open)” link
- On the page that opens, click on the “Online registration form for interest subsidy scheme on education loan”
- The Gujarat Interest subsidy scheme application form will appear as follows
- Here, the candidates can fill in details such as name, e-mail ID, contact number, Aadhaar number, HSC / Diploma passing year, stream, income details, username, password and then click on the “Register” button
- Afterwards, the page to enter the scholarship information in Gujarat government education loan scheme online application form will appear
- The applicant is expected to fill in details correctly, click on the “Save” button to proceed to the edit profile option so as to complete the Gujarat Education loan Interest subsidy scheme online registration form filling process
Eligibility criteria for the Gujarat Education Loan interest subsidy scheme
- The applicant must have passed class 12th from Gujarat Higher Secondary Examination Board or Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and must be enrolled in a government recognised university
- Applicants must have secured at least 60% in class 12th examination and should have passed class 12th after the 2012 academic year
- Students enrolled in diploma admission after class 10th and have applied for admission in Graduation or Post graduation can also apply on CGI / CGPA / percentage basis
- The annual income of the family of the candidates from all sources must not exceed ₹6 lakh
- The scheme is eligible to students who availed of education loan after 4th July 2017 from any scheduled bank to pursue higher education in India and abroad.
- The interest subsidy scheme on education loan is essentially applicable for Graduation / Post Graduation / Diploma and other professional Courses.
Wrapping it up
When education has higher return values, availing of it becomes a tad difficult for those, especially those who come from poorer backgrounds or those whose finances are affected by the pandemic. This scheme will help students pay for their higher studies and not be too bothered about finances it incurs.