India is a developing country, often caught up with its share of regressive issues to deal with, as it is a young nation in comparison to other well-developed or developing nations. One such issue happens to be gender inequality, which has been a major obstacle in India’s progress.
From child marriage to female infanticide, the gender disparity has taken uglier forms than humanity can speak of. To tackle this disparity, the central government of India has taken the initiative under the Pradhan Mantri Dhan Laxmi Yojana scheme.
Salient features of the Dhan Laxmi Yojana:
- According to the scheme, the central government aims to offer loans of up to ₹5 Lakhs to women from the underprivileged sectors of the society.
- This amount would be offered to the beneficiary through private or public bank accounts.
- The amount offered under this scheme holds 0% interest for up to 30 years of availing the loan.
- Women from the age group of 18-35 can benefit from this loan
- The main focus of this scheme is to establish self-sufficiency and independence for women from the marginalized groups of India.
- In order to benefit from this scheme, the applicant has to be a citizen of India
- This scheme is only for women
- For the proceeding of this scheme, the applicant must have a bank account
- The applicant has to show documented proof of being below the poverty line
- The ideal age of the applicant should be between 18-55 years.
With such provisions in place, the central government of India ensures that every woman in the country has the opportunity to turn dreams into reality.