The concept of working from home has recently become the norm in all the job sectors in and around the country. The COVID pandemic in 2020 led necessitated a system of working where there are zilch chances of meeting people at the risk of getting infected. Hence, companies, organizations, institutions came up with the next best alternative of letting the employees work from their own home. Moreover, freelancing is on the rise because of its systemic freedom. Then again working from home proves to be a boon for saving finances. Traveling costs are minimized and travel time to the workplace can also be saved for the employees. The employers also benefit from saving money from minimal money being spent on workplace infrastructure. The only essential requirement or working from home is a computer and the internet. In a world of social distancing, digitization is the key factor and adaptability to the new post-pandemic situation.
These the some of the best jobs available in the market right now in 2020:
1. Admin & Data Entry Job: Nowadays most businesses have an online presence and because of the pandemic, companies and organizations have started their daily work operations online. Hence suddenly there is an influx of demand for skilled and experienced administrators who can manage businesses and other activities online. Upwork.com, Fiverr.com are some sites where one can get these jobs. Moreover, another job that has a huge market is that of data-entry. Data of various sort need to be entered into the system by a person skilled in typing and who has basic computer knowledge. Therefore, it is an easy option for people working from home.
2. Writing & Editing Job: A huge amount of online data is being consumed every day. This information that is available on the internet requires good writers who are capable of writing in different languages, experts on subjects, for contributing to blogs, websites, and other platforms. Content writing is a popular freelance work that can be done through associating with companies or creating seller profiles freelancing websites like freelancer.com, fiverr.com, etc.
3. Teaching & Tutoring Job: Due to the spread of the COVID pandemic, all educational institutions had to be shut and teaching became an online job. Schools colleges and other institutions are looking for technologically savvy teachers capable of teaching through video conferencing. Moreover, there are websites like UnAcademy and Udemy where a freelancing teacher can start her class and get paid. Other options are WhiteHatJr, Byjus, Vedantu, and Toppr.
4. Buying & Selling Job: The Internet is not only the best platform for the promotion of products and services but also for selling it online because of the market penetration. There are shopping platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, Alibaba where one can display their products, and people can buy it. Buying and selling also take place through affiliate marketing and sponsored posts on Instagram and other social media platforms. A business can open a website for selling products directly to the consumers also. While the above options need you to purchase the product and in some cases even keep stock, apps like Meesho, Digital Dukan allow you to resell products from the comfort of your home and reward you for each sale.
5. Customer service Job: Consumers are growing in numbers and with that queries, services, remote problem solving are also on the rise. Customer service includes catering to the consumer’s issues about products and services. Usually, there are call centers that do the job of customer service. But now people can do it from home with an average skill set, and earn money through it.
6. Internet Research Job: Several websites and companies who are logged onto the net want to know your browsing habits. These form essential database chunks that further help them device more streamlined surfing experiences to their customers on the whole. They may even use this portal to advertise some of their offerings and services in your demographic. How about you getting into the system and helping companies grow, while you also get a share in their overall progress? Here are some websites you should check out.
- Wonder: you can apply for Wonder online and join their research community. You would basically have to fulfill a trial assignment but that’s about it. Wonder is popular for timely payments through PayPal. Wonder ideally rewards you for your research skills and if you want some extra cash on hands, well, Wonderworks like a charm for you. How it works is that Wonder invites anyone to pay a flat fee for a thoroughly researched answer. Mostly, users pay this amount because they are the ones who do not have the time to research things online or simply because they want to get the info right for something a lot more important.
- Survey Junkie: you can earn cash and even rewards for sharing your thoughts on this portal. You will receive survey questions which you get paid for answering. Survey Junkie ideally pays you for taking surveys, which you would have otherwise done for free. Signing up to Survey Junkie is free of cost and you will earn virtual points that you can redeem for PayPal funds or even electronic gift cards.
- InboxDollars: it is one of the most popular Get-to-paid sites. You will find yourself getting paid for common tasks like watching videos online and basically just searching the web. Never thought you’d get paid for watching videos, which is something you usually pay for, right? Well, times they’re a-changing’. According to the company’s reports, its users have earned over $43 million to date. You even get a $5 in bonus cash for joining so that one McDonald’s meal is easily affordable just for logging in!
- MyPoints: this is a cashback site and offers you benefits on everything you buy on this portal. Yeah, you heard that right – a site that pays you for shopping. It also pays you for printing online coupons. If you are very prone to online shopping, then this could be the sweetest deal out there for you. you can score benefits on practically everything you buy here. You even earn gift cards and vouchers and all of that stands as a reward for shopping. The more you shop, the more you win and you get to take away massive discounts on products you get to shop in the future.
- Qmee: this comes with a browser extension and basically monitors your browsing in the background and pays you according to your browsing habits. This kind of functioning is a bit different than the other sites you get paid to surf on. Qmee requires you to install the Qmee browser extension on your device. Instead of paying you per query, it monitors your searches and offers you opportunities to save money and earn cash-back rewards based on whatever it is that you are looking for online. Basically, Qmee acts as your digital buddy that shows you what deals are the best.
7. Social Media Marketing Job: Everyone in this world is somehow or another plugged into some social media platform or another. It’s become a part of everyone’s day-to-day routine. And brands have sensed the unending potential of social media marketing. Brands are now looking for social media influencers all around the world to use their influence only to market their products. If you wish to make some bucks off being on social media, here’s what may help you.
- Influence or get an influencer – If you have tried way too hard to optimize your content to reach more eyeballs and that plan has fallen flat on its face, don’t be disheartened. Instead, reach out to influencers (it is super easy as they are always open to avenues) and rope them in. Earn commission. Do it quite often and you will have a steady passive income flowing in.
- Plan it out – Plan out your strategy meticulously about when you would publish your content, what kind of content works and how can you help a certain brand make money through their online presence. This way, though you freelance, you become an asset to the brand, thereby making handy money.
- Research social media routinely – This should be a part of your routine where you research social media and be at par with all that is new. Stay abreast of social media upgrades will give you the edge over the competition and help you help your brand better.
8. Affiliate marketing – It is basically is this platform where sales are undertaken with multiple stakeholders into the equation. Long story short, it is a portal where smaller brands make some profits from the sales they make for bigger brands on a commission basis. The amount of the commission is usually pre-agreed by both – the seller and the partner – before the transactions go operational. If you intend to reap healthy benefits from affiliate marketing, you need to know what the process is and how it really works.
To understand the functionality of affiliate marketing, suppose there happens to be an XYZ company. Quite obviously, it has its own website for selling products online. But then, XYZ is not really content with the customer base it has. So the natural course of order is to cast a wider net. In order to increase customer base, XYZ starts partnering with a program where there is a pre-agreement regarding the payment of a commission for certain sales achieved through independent vendors. Vendors (like bloggers and various other digital marketing professionals) sign up for this program, endorse XYZs links on their portals and that’s it. Once a certain sales target is met, XYZ pays the independent vendor as per the pre-agreed commission.
- Flipkart’s affiliate program: Flipkart has a lucrative affiliate program and its own set of tools that make it increasingly easier for people to rent out digital real estate on their websites. Flipkart prides itself on its wide range of tools to suit several business models and offers simple banners, widgets, and several other tools to make listings supremely easy for website owners and bloggers. Flipkart also offers API services that allow blog site owners and website owners to discover product catalog and amazing functionality which will help in monetizing websites all the more. Flipkart’s affiliate program is a great way to delve into the realms of passive income, and trusting Flipkart’s policy on affiliate programming can boost your income steadily on an upward curve.
- Amazon’s Affiliate program: Amazon has been a pioneer in the affiliate program initiatives and therefore packs in a whole lot of trust and ease of business, as they have been doing this for decades now. The fundamentals here are simple: Join-Recommend-Earn. Once you, as a blogger or website owner, sign up with Amazon’s affiliate program, you get to access tools and aids that Amazon offers. This way, you get to display ads and widgets on your pages and viewers get a direct link for things you are speaking about. This recommendation policy benefits not only the customer but also Amazon as a company and as a reward, you get paid 10% of the price as affiliate fees on qualifying purchases. These rates are competitively the best in the market and have been helping people create passive income empires for quite a while now.
9. Blogging Online – It has been a huge hit in the last decade, where we saw a considerable shift in attention towards content and its creation. And while video content creation stands tall in the years to come, there also is massive scope for those who have their way with words. Here’s how you go about monetizing your words.
- Be aware of your specialty: The basic crux of blogging is to offer information that isn’t out there yet. And the internet knows a whole lot more. Think about your approach in this way: what is it that I can offer that isn’t there already?
Once you answer that and know that it is something that you are interested in, well, there you go. That’s your niche!
- Understand and use Affiliate links: Affiliate marketing is basically signing up with a company’s affiliate program. Let’s say you are interested in writing about Mobile phones. You could sign up with a mobile phone accessory company and share links to its products on your blog. Every time someone makes a purchase through the link on your blog, the company pays you a certain percentage of the product price.
- Implement Google AdSense: Once you create a blog and it starts generating traffic, you would have to create a Google AdSense account. Google AdSense allows you to display ads on your blog. And if your reader happens to make a purchase from the ad on your blog, the brand is entitled to pay you a certain percentage of the transaction. All you have got to do is work on your blog and let Google take care of the logistics of getting you your money.
So, there you have it. These possibilities give you the flexibility to operate from either place when telecommuting and avoiding traffic during rush hours. It’s not easy to do these jobs from home, but if you spend some time on them, they will give you a steady income.