PM Narendra Modi has launched the Mobile application for the Main Nahi Hum portal for IT professionals and organisations at the self4society.mygov.in.
The portal is based on the Self4Society theme and aims at bringing about synergy for societal change. In an interaction with the IT and electronic manufacturing professionals at the launch event of the “I to We” campaign, the PM aims at bringing about the awareness that the success of a government lies in the public involvement instead of the government trying solutions all by itself.
The Main Nahi Hum portal will collaborate the efforts of the general public and enable entrepreneurs from across the nation to participate and contribute towards social causes on a single platform. This portal was based on the thought that while governments will have several schemes and budgets in place, however, the true success of any initiative comes about by public involvement only.
About the Main Nahi Hum portal and mobile app – the I to We campaign
The Main Nahi Hum portal was launched by the Prime Minister to encourage the people to be a part of the solution.
Regarding the implementation of the scheme, the following important points were made:
- It was announced that what the government cannot do, traditions can. And that everyone must make cleanliness more than just a habit, but a way of life.
- The government is working towards creating more number of rural digital entrepreneurs and is making efforts to improve the digital literacy of the masses.
- It is important to create an India where everyone has equal opportunities and only an inclusive approach is the way forward.
- People can essentially volunteer efforts to do a lot of work in the agriculture sector and youngsters must therefore work for the welfare of farmers.
- It was also made known that the start-ups in the Social sector and youngsters have more power to do a lot of wonderful things together as a community.
- People can think on how to use strengths and to bring a positive difference in the lives of those around.
Features of the Self 4 Society portal / App features
On the main https://self4society.mygov.in/ portal, one can now get involved in an immersive manner. Here, one can register as an individual volunteer, organisation volunteer, donate medical equipments, add and view inspiring stories of Corona warriors, etc.
Even district collectors and Municipal commissioners can request medical supplies for districts or municipalities.
Wrapping it up
The Main Nahin Hum scheme is expected to bring about a change and act as a catalyst towards the service of weaker sections of society through the medium of technology. The portal, being an interactive and innovative one, is able to bring about greater and wider participation of people who are motivated to work for the benefit of society.
Society flourishes only when people come together as one and makes change happen. Through this integration scheme, the government aims to bring people together in a collective spirit and see plans towards fruition.