The villages often remain to be a regressive unit as there isn’t much governmental involvement in these areas. Village issues are often left unheard as local governments are caught up solving urban issues as urban matters involve a higher budget and a misstep could impact governmental finances.
In order to reach out to rural areas more effectively, the government of India under Prime Minister Modi launched the PM Swamitva Yojana – a portal for the village society where they can get information and it is also an e-village platform where farmers will be able to see information about their land online with just a few clicks.
Need for the scheme
The need for the scheme arose due to a common recurrent problem of government not having a proper record of land ownership in the rural areas of the nation. This also made implementation of certain schemes all the more difficult.
PM Narendra Modi initiated the PM Swamitva Yojana, which is a scheme that aims to hand over the papers of ownership of land which is owned by people across 763 villages.
This scheme also aims to put to rest land disputes and it will offer land owners a digital card alongside the ownership papers certified by the government.
How to apply for the Ownership scheme online?
If you are a landowner in a rural area in India, you might be interested to apply for the benefits you can avail from the scheme. Here is how you can go about it.
- First step is to visit the official website of the PM Swamitva Yojana.
- On the homepage, you will have to click on the “New User registration” button
- You would then have to fill in basic information like name, address, mobile number and email ID, and also fill in other land related details in the application form
- Verify all the details and submit the online application form once you are sure all the details are correct.
- The registration process is complete once you have received an acknowledgment stating the same.
What is the eligibility criteria for the scheme?
- The preference for this scheme would be given to the rural populace as they would be given ownership records as legitimate proof of owning the land.
- The applicant ideally has to have documentation stating the ownership of land or procure basic information about the land that indicates ownership. Such a claim would be assessed and made through the dispensation of legitimate using a digital card and proper papers
The PM Swamitva Yojana is an excellent solution to offer power to rural landowners who have owned land for decades now but have never been able to enjoy the benefits of it. Ownership disputes often occur due to exploitation of the poor and also is a side-effect of corruption, both of which the PM Swamitva Yojana aims to abolish in the rural ecosystem.
This will lead to landowners and farmers finally getting what they rightfully deserve – a decent shot to a life of dignity, prosperity, and security.