Healthcare is a crucial area of concern for any government. Lately, the importance of healthcare has increased manifold. While countries all around the world are suffering the consequences of a pandemic, there are also several governments that are implementing sound healthcare schemes for the betterment of the people.
The Indian government has also taken initiatives towards the betterment of the people on the healthcare frontier and has therefore initiated the Assam Atal Amrit Abhiyan Health Insurance Scheme for the people of Assam.
Objective of the scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to address medical vulnerability faced by those falling under the Poverty line and who belong to low-income groups, especially in the state of Assam. To reach out and take care of the medical needs of those who are often economically marginalized, the government of Assam has launched the health insurance scheme.
This scheme would provide cashless treatment and offer a wide coverage of critical ailments to people belonging to BPL and lower-income groups.
Salient features of the Assam Atal Amrit Abhiyan Health Insurance Scheme
- The scheme is implemented through the Implementation Support Agency (ISA) which goes by the name Medi Assist Insurance TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- The scheme will essentially be open and available for all BPL families and APL families in the state of Assam who has an annual family income of up to ₹5 lakh. Families of government employees will not be considered eligible for this scheme
- Each individual adult member of the family will be enrolled through the ISA and will then be issued the laminated ID card having the Unique Identification number. This would be done to facilitate a cashless treatment facility at the impaneled hospitals in Assam.
- Children below the age of 18 will be enrolled along with the head of the family.
- The enrolment for the scheme would be absolutely free for BPL families and a nominal amount of ₹100/- will be collected from each member of the APL families as an annual enrolment fee.
- The scheme would provide a treatment facility at impaneled hospitals – which include both private and public. There would be an upper limit of ₹2 lakh per individual member per annum within and outside of the State of Assam.
Diseases covered under the Assam Atal Amrit Abhiyan Health Insurance Scheme
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Renal diseases
- Neonatal diseases
- Neurological conditions
Way to apply for the scheme
- Interested applicants can visit the enrolment center
- A document verification process will be done
- The applicant would then receive the challan
- Fingerprints of the applicant would be acquired
- Finally, on successful completion of each step, the laminated ID card would be issued
In order to benefit from the scheme, applicant must adhere to the following
- Must be a citizen of Assam
- Should possess a Ration card
- An individual should procure proof of being below the poverty line (annual income of less than ₹1.2 lakh) or above the poverty line (annual income between ₹1.2 lakh and ₹5 lakh).
- Families whose annual income is less than ₹5 lakh