The Arunachal Pradesh government, bearing in mind the ills of the pandemic and the importance of healthcare in the state, has launched a new Health Insurance scheme – The Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY).
Over the span of one year, the world, and every notion we held regarding normalcy has been challenged. To repair what Coronavirus managed to break, governments all around the world are now coming up with solutions that divert people’s attention towards healthcare, and what better than health insurance to achieve that.
About the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY) 2021
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya (PMJAY) and the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana are initiatives of the Central and State government respectively. The schemes come together with a vision to accord quality and cashless healthcare service provision to the people of the state. This is also to envisage Universal Health care promised to all by 2030.
The Health department of the state will implement the scheme. The State government will provide benefits on the basis of annual coverage and package charges on Specific treatment procedures.
How to enrol for the CMAAY scheme?
The aim of the scheme is to provide cashless hospitalisation to poor and vulnerable groups with up to ₹5 lakhs per family per year. Under this scheme, the government will provide ₹1 lakh for Secondary care and ₹4 lakh for Tertiary care. All beneficiaries can avail of the benefits of this Health Assurance scheme in any empanelled hospitals through the web portal.
Here is the process to apply for the scheme:
- Visit the official website of the scheme: https://cmaay.com/CMAAY_home.aspx
- On the homepage, click on the “Apply” link present in the Enrollment section as shown here:
- Then select the option as “Public” to open the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana online registration. The CM Arogya Arunachal Yojana Online Registration form will appear as shown here:
- The applicant would have to enter the details necessary and click on the “Save” button to complete the online registration process
List of documents needed for CM Arogya Arunachal Yojana
- Aadhar card
- APST certificate
- Resident certificate
- Family declaration
- PMJAY card
Eligibility Criteria to avail of the benefits of the Arogya Yojana
- Arunachal Pradesh Scheduled Tribe (APST) members.
- Non-APST residents of Changlang, Lohit, Namsai possessing Resident certificate (RC) who are people with permanent land holding documents.
- State government employees and their dependents.
Wrapping it up
Healthcare is of prime importance, especially in the middle of a health crisis. It should not take a pandemic for people to realise healthcare’s importance, and hence the state governments of India are now focused on creating awareness about the same. With more people under insurance wings, people can save themselves from exorbitantly high bills which accrue at the end of treatments.
Financial woes should not cloud ones medical decisions and hence having health insurance is of utmost importance these days. With the implementation of the scheme, Arunachal Pradesh aims to achieve its “Health for all” goal as soon as it possibly can.