As the pandemic looms over businesses far and wide, implementing business ideas has gotten increasingly difficult to businesspersons all over the world. It has become very difficult for street vendors, who already function with low capital and low turnovers, to bring basic sustenance to their day to day lives.
In acknowledgment of the struggles faced by these street vendors, the Andhra Pradesh government has extended a helping hand through the AP Jagananna Thodu scheme 2020.
What is the AP Jagananna Thodu Scheme 2020?
The AP Jagananna Thodu Scheme 2020 is for street vendors who will be provided with a certain cash amount to run their businesses once again. These loans offered by the government will offer a chance to the street vendors to earn a decent livelihood and have a fair shot at expanding their business locally.
Objective of the scheme
The main objective of the AP Jagananna Thodu Scheme 2020 is to offer financial assistance to those who are below the poverty line but still intend to earn a livelihood by running a street-side store or shop to meet their basic needs.
How to apply for the AP Jagananna Thodu Scheme 2020?
To apply for the scheme, the following procedure needs to be followed
- The applicant would first have to visit the official website
- Once the homepage loads, the applicant would have to click on the “Apply for Loan” link seen on the homepage itself
- The applicant will see the application page load up
- On this page, the applicant has to enter the mobile number followed by an OTP received on the mobile number entered.
- Click on “Verify OTP” once the OTP has been entered
- Select the “Vendor category”
- An application form will open up which will ask details about the street vendor and what line of services are offered by the applicant
- There will be a section which will allow the applicant to upload the documents
- Once the documents have been uploaded, the applicant would have to click on submit
What are the criteria to abide by, in order to benefit from the scheme?
The following criteria need to be adhered to, in order to benefit from the scheme
- The applicant should be a resident of Andhra Pradesh
- The applicant should be above 18 years of age.
- The trader should have a family income of Rs 10,000 in villages and Rs 12,000 in towns.
- People carrying and selling goods on the streets are also considered eligible for the benefits of the scheme
- People who sell groceries at footpaths, carts on the streets and several items on bicycles, carts etc are also considered eligible
- People who run tiffin services along the road are also considered eligible
Documents needed to apply for the scheme
In order to apply for the scheme, the following documents are needed:
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID card
- Bank account
- Mobile number
- Governmental identification documents
With the AP Jagananna Thodu Scheme 2020 in place, small-time vendors now find it comfortable to run a business. They now have a governmental assurance that if they look to the State government to sort out their capital investment, their request can be accepted and granted as well. When hard work meets the right amount of assistance, wonderful things happen.