During the pandemic, farmers have had it tough for themselves. To ease out the financial aspect for them and to enable them to make ends meet, the Andhra Pradesh government has announced the AP YSR Sunna Vaddi Panta Runalu scheme for 2020.
What is the AP YSR Sunna Vaddi Panta Runalu Scheme 2020?
The AP YSR Sunna Vaddi Panta Runalu Scheme 2020 is a zero-interest crop loan scheme offered by the government. This scheme aims to offer interest subsidy on loans for crops so that farmers can afford to plant crops and not face a massive loss when things do not go as planned. The earlier versions of the scheme were primarily directed towards women Self Help groups but have now been generalized for all.
The state government of Andhra, in this scheme, offers a zero-interest crop loan for farmers wherein the state government will reimburse all outstanding crop loans of farmers who have managed to repay it on time.
Key features of the AP YSR Sunna Vaddi Panta Runalu Scheme 2020?
- The scheme helps farmers of the state of Andhra to get interest free crop loans
- The scheme covers lakhs of farmers across the state and their loans are to be waived off
- Under the scheme, the major benefit is that the government has released ₹510 crore interest subsidy on the crop loans in the state
- The beneficiaries’ amount will be credited in the account of roughly about 14.5 lakh farmers who have earlier taken loans during the Kharif season of 2019 and have repaid the same amount in due time
- In addition, the Andhra government will also add credit more money to the farmer’s bank account for the crop losses they may have incurred during October 2020 due to heavy rains in certain regions of Andhra.
- The loans will be granted to only eligible farmers based on the e-crop data.
- The farmers who have taken the loans of up to 1 lakh and repaid in the given deadlines will be eligible for 0% interest on the loan amount they have availed.
- The Andhra Pradesh state government has set up Rythu Bharosha Kendras (RBKs) to make the implementation of the scheme easier and to eventually make the scheme all the more accessible to the farmers.
The YSR Zero interest crop loan online registration form 2020-21
- According to the information available, the list of applicants will be prepared by the e-Crop data. So if you are a farmer who has incurred losses or has paid your dues on time, you would be included in the list already
- The beneficiary farmer can visit their nearest RBK to get interest free crop loans
- The loan amount will be credited right away into the beneficiary’s bank account through direct cash transfer to avoid any kind of exploitation or corruption. With direct cash transfer, the farmer will also feel a whole lot secure.
- If there are any queries the applicant has, they can reach out for help to the toll-free number 1907.