Over the last few decades, the importance of education has skyrocketed immensely. Families from every walk of life now acknowledge the heights education can take one, and therefore made it a mandate for their children to receive a formal education. However, those who have wanted the best education for their children are well aware of the expense education can incur, and the soaring prices of education have, in cases more than a few, discouraged parents to enroll their children in school whatsoever.
Parents from the financially poorer sections of society can barely manage their expenses from paycheck to paycheck, let alone paying for tuition for their children.
In order to offer respite to the students of Andhra with tuition and extra assistance with their studies, the government of Andhra Pradesh started the YSR Vidyonnathi Scheme, a scheme initiated to provide free coaching to the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes.
Eligibility criteria to avail of the benefits offered by the YSR Vidyonnathi Scheme
In order to be eligible for the benefits the scheme has to offer, here are some criteria the applicant has to adhere to:
- Candidates should have a degree from any of the government-approved colleges pan India.
- The income of the candidate’s family should not exceed ₹2 lakh per annum.
- It is applicable only to the candidates of Andhra Pradesh.
List of documents needed to avail the benefits of the scheme
To avail of the benefits of the YSR Vidyonnathi Scheme, the applicant has to procure the following documents:
- Candidate’s caste certificate
- Candidate’s parent income certificate
- SSC certificate to verify the Date of birth of the candidate.
- Aadhaar card
- Frontpage xerox of the candidate’s bank passbook
- Candidate’s passport size photograph for online upload
- Scanned sign of the candidate for online upload – the size of upload should be 30kb
- Certificate of disability from a government certified hospital if the applicant has a disability
Features of the scheme
The YSR Vidyonnathi Scheme is a welfare scheme for students from the underprivileged sections of society. The salient features of the scheme are mentioned herewith.
- The selected applicants are eligible to take 3 guidance programmes from reputed private institutions at three different stages. The guidance program will be designed as per the UPSC exam pattern for the Civil Services examination.
- The committee of senior officers will select the reputed institutes in a transparent manner.
- The payment of the fee towards the coaching is linked to the regular attendance of the candidate.
The three-guidance program
|Integrated guidance scheme||There will be professional guidance for CSAT (a preliminary exam) + Main exams will be offered with a maximum course duration lasting for nine months.|
|Mains Guidance scheme||Candidates who get selected in the preliminary examination will be eligible to take the Mains Guidance Program. The course duration of the Mains Guidance scheme would be for two months.|
|Personality test guidance scheme||This specific guidance program will be offered to those who cleared the UPSC Civils Mains examination. This personality test guidance program would be for a month.|