During peak pandemic, workers from Uttar Pradesh who worked in different metros around the nation faced a really difficult time. They did not have avenues to travel, nor did they have enough money to suffice them their stay in a place they cannot entirely call their own. Paying heed to the worries of workers, the Government of Uttar Pradesh has announced a scheme that shall offer financial assistance to these workers who are finding it difficult to make ends meet with meagre pays.
What does the UP Swami Vivekananda Etihasik Paryatan Yojana offer?
To help the poor in Uttar Pradesh during the Covid-19 crisis, the government of Uttar Pradesh has announced the financial assistance scheme which will offer ₹12,000 to workers who wish to visit religious places in order to feel spiritually aligned so as to find hope to get through such tough times. The scheme would be implemented through the IRCTC or any other tourism departmental agency.
Applicants who are willing to apply for the scheme need to download the official notification issued by the UP government and read all eligibility criteria and application process carefully.
Procedure to Apply online for the Swami Vivekananda Etihasik Paryatan Yojana
- The applicant would first have to visit the official website of the scheme at http://uplabour.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, there will be an option that reads “More”. The applicant would find this option under “Special schemes”.
- Here, the applicant would have to click on the Swami Vivekananda Etihasik Paryatan Yojana form download.
- The application form will be displayed on the screen for the applicant in PDF format.
- Now the applicant would have to fill in the required information in the downloaded form like name of the applicant, father’s name, date of birth, gender, and several other information.
- The applicant would have to attach all the documents needed to verify the claims made in the form.
- Finally, the applicant would have to submit this filled form replete with documents to the Department of Labour.
Documents needed to apply for the scheme
Here is a list of documents needed to apply for the scheme without a hiccup and for the implementation of a seamless application process.
- Aadhaar card
- Ration card
- ID card
- Residence certificate to prove that the applicant has been a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh
- Passport size photograph
- Functional mobile number.
Eligibility criteria for the scheme
In order to be a beneficiary of the said scheme, the applicant must adhere to the following mandates:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- The applicant must be a registered labourer.
- she/he must be a registered labourer who has completed his or her registration with the UP State Labour Welfare board.
- The candidate must be employed currently in a commercial establishment, factory, or workshop.
Summing it up
This is a fantastic scheme on behalf of the Uttar Pradesh government. While it not only helps people be able to finance their houses a little better but also manages to visit a religious place to reinvigorate their trust in the Almighty.