The progress of a nation largely depends on the progressive thoughts it holds and those it implements in its policies. With the turn of the century, India as a young nation has decided to drop several regressive ideas and move forward to build a progressive nation – one that has the interest of everyone at heart, without any form of discrimination.
The Madhya Pradesh Mukhyamantri Avivahita Pension is a scheme that has been launched by the Madhya Pradesh government to support and extend financial support to unmarried women in the state who are above 50 years of age.
About the Madhya Pradesh Avivahita Pension scheme
Regressive beliefs often look down on women who are unmarried. They are often believed to be liabilities to a traditional household. However, with the implementation of the Avivahita Pension scheme, the women who are unmarried in the state and whose age is more than 50 will now receive support from the state government. This is an empowerment scheme aimed to make unmarried women in the state self-reliant.
This scheme will go a long way in offering unmarried women some source of support and help.
Eligibility criteria to avail the benefits of the scheme
In order to avail of the benefits the scheme offers, the applicant has to adhere to the following criteria:
- The applicant has to be an unmarried woman and a permanent resident of the state of Madhya Pradesh
- The applicant should be 50 years of age or more.
- The applicant should not be an income taxpayer.
- The applicant should not be a government employee.
- The unmarried woman should not be a recipient of a family pension.
Applying for the scheme online
Here is how the applicant can look to apply for the scheme:
- The candidate should begin by visiting the official website of the scheme.
- On the homepage of the website, click on the option, “Social security pension and Financial assistance schemes.”
- On the next page, click on the link “Online application for pension schemes”
- On clicking the said option, a new page will open where the candidate has to fill her geographical details like district, local body and composite member ID and click on “Apply Online for Pension button” as shown here:
- On filling in all the information, click on the submit button after which the application form will be forwarded to the state government to review and get back to you regarding the same.
In order to apply for the scheme, these documents are a must-have:
- Aadhaar card
- Madhya Pradesh residence certificate
- Proof of age
- The applicant must have a bank account
- Latest photo
- 9-digit composite ID
With such schemes in place, the state government is making it clear that it has women empowerment at the heart of its policies and that progressive thoughts are at the core of the schemes implemented. Through this scheme especially, the state government sends out a bold signal – one that announces that one’s marital status does not define one’s worth alone.