Farmers rely on factors usually considered variable. This puts their financial situation on a fence, as they are never sure how much money they would be making. This uncertainty often leads them to miscalculate and eventually spiral down debts, more debts and finally push them over the edge, to downright poverty.
For an agrarian economy like ours, that is plain bad news. To ease the lives of farmers and to bring in a little more structure to their finances, the government of Chhattisgarh initiated the Chhattisgarh Kisan Nyay Yojana.
About the scheme
The Chhattisgarh Kisan Nyay Yojana was announced while the 2020-21 budget was being presented in the Assembly. The scheme primarily aims to benefit the farmers of Chhattisgarh, especially paddy crop farmers.
Objective of the Kisan Nyay Yojana
- The scheme aims to empower farmers by offering them steadiness with their income
- The scheme will be implemented in phases / instalments .
- The scheme will also encourage farmers to have their own government bank account without which they cannot get the funds earmarked for them.
Benefits of scheme
The Chhattisgarh Kisan Nyay Yojana will increase the income of farmers and ensure minimum income availability to farmers who grow one rabi and 13 kharif season crops in Chhattisgarh.
Eligibility for Kisan Nyay Yojana
- The farmer should be from the state of Chattisgarh; only farmers from the state will be able to avail the benefits of the scheme
- Farmers who cultivate paddy in the state can apply for the scheme
Procedure to apply for the Kisan Nyay Yojana
- The interested farmer would have to visit the official website of the Kisan Nyay Yojana.
- Once the homepage loads, the applicant will have to click on the “Apply Online” button
- The application form will display on the screen
- Enter the required details and upload the necessary documents
- Click on the “Submit” button after confirming all details and this would ensure the submission of the applicant’s application.
Documents needed for the application
- Permanent resident certificate
- Ration card
- Bank account number
Remuneration offered by the scheme
Under the Kisan Nyay Yojana, the farmers of Chhattisgarh will be provided with financial assistance by the State Government at the rate of ₹10,000 per acre on crops like Kharif paddy and maize from 2019.
Impact of the scheme
Farmers all across the state will get to benefit from the rightful implementation of the scheme. A total of 953,706 marginal farmers, 560,284 small farmers, and 320,844 big farmers will benefit from it.
With this scheme in place, farmers will definitely have more clarity about their income. This way, they can plan their finances and finally get to lead a more dignified life. Farmers are the main drivers of our economy. Their wellbeing and security are crucial to the wellbeing of the nation and also its economy, and this scheme is a step in that direction.
This scheme aligns with the virtue of “Jai Jawan, Jai kisan” offering farmers the standard of living they so rightfully deserve.